When it comes to your home care, we’re goal focussed. What do we mean by that?
For some of our clients, independence means being able to live as closely as possible to the way they always have. They’re looking for support to carry on enjoying the same things and going to the same places.
For other clients, independence means being able to do more than they were able to do before. They might want to go to places farther afield or to learn to do new things.
For some, getting help from us frees their children to be daughters and sons again instead of carers.
Taking into account what independence means to you is what we mean when we say we’re focussed on goals — your goals. Focussing on goals means we don’t think only in terms of tasks that you need to get done. It means we consider where you want to be, and partner with you on getting there. It’s why our care workers “do with” rather than “do for”.
Oxley Home Care’s partnership approach is proven to build the confidence our clients need to maintain — and even increase — their independence.
They tell me in writing who’s coming and when they’ll be here. Then they arrive on time and go on time. They are very good.
Have you received your Home Care Package?
To be eligible for a subsidised Home Care Package, you must register with My Aged Care and be assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). We can help you do this by phone or online. Please feel free to call us on 1800 221 039.
Oxley Home Care
A real family business
Oxley Home Care began in 2006 with one person — a
nurse who believed there was a better way to help
clients enjoy life in their own homes.
Gilian, our co-founder, had 30 years’ experience in nursing, a career in which her research had been published in academic publications like Anaesthetic and Intensive Care Journal. As a nurse, Gilian had seen first-hand the difference that the right care makes to the quality of a person’s life. And as an assistant director of nursing, she’d managed large teams delivering that care.
Gilian started Oxley Home Care with her husband, Fraser, a senior manager with experience running large operations. They saw a way to provide high-value care affordably to older Australians. Their first step was to employ and train their own care workers so that they could maintain the quality of care being provided. Their second step was to back them with the sorts of systems and process that Gilian and Fraser were experts in developing for the service and aged care sectors.
Today, Oxley Home Care is no longer one care worker travelling from client to client. Rather, it’s a close-knit business of 200 trained staff who are committed to high standards and dedicated to their clients.
At the heart of everything we do
Caring as a vocation
We believe that caring for older people is a vocation.
We believe our clients deserve to know exactly who will be coming into their homes and when they will arrive.
Our clients know that the people coming into their homes are directly employed by us — care workers who we train, insure, support and pay fairly for following their calling to take care of people who deserve the highest quality of service.Organise a call today
Things you should
know about us…
- We are a government-approved provider of home care packages.
- We also provide private care, nursing care and allied health support.
- We are completely transparent about fees.
- We work across Sydney.
- We can be there for our clients 24/7 — all day, after hours and on the weekends. Whatever it takes.
- We directly employ, train and supervise our team of experienced and culturally diverse nurses and care workers.
- Our care managers work closely with doctors, hospital discharge planners, social workers, local community groups and whoever is necessary to make sure your care is tailored to your needs.
- We’re accredited to Australian Aged Care Quality Standards.
We can help with:
- Nursing and allied health
- Personal care, including meal preparation and medication
- Social support, including outings and escorted transport
- Domestic assistance, including housekeeping, laundry and shopping
- Home aids and equipment
- Home and garden maintenance
- Case management and care coordination
Take the first step
Do you have questions about the home care package process? Do you want to maximise the value of your home care package? We’re here to help. Email or call to speak to a real care manager who is ready with real answers about the process, the services and the fees.