This supports people with high care needs. Typically, you will require care five to seven times per week and up to twice a day.
You may also need:
- Social support
- Transport, especially if you can no longer driver
- Nursing support
- Allied Health, including Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Podiatry
- Minor home modifications, like ramps and rails.
Case Study of a Level 4 Client
John is 92-years-old and lives at home with his wife of 70 years, Phyllis.
- John has been assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) for a Home Care Package Level 4 and receives daily support for assistance with showering and dressing, due to poor mobility and high falls risk.
- John is still active with his local RSL Club. Catching up with his mates is important to him, so transport to the club three times per week for lunch and respite from Phyllis who suffers from dementia is one of John’s main goals.
- Phyllis has also been assessed and receives a Home Care Package Level 4, with dementia supplements.
- Because both Home Care Packages are with Oxley Home Care, services can be pooled to give John and Phyllis services up to three times per day, to support them to remain living independently at home.