An intermediate level of care. You will have been assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) as requiring some support in personal care, meal preparation medication support.
You may also need:
- Social support
- Nursing support
- Allied health - Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Podiatry
- Minor home modifications , like ramps and rails.
Case Study of Level 3 Client
Betty is 84-years-old and lives alone in her Independent Living Unit in a Retirement Village.
- Betty was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease four years ago and has recently become more unstable in her mobility.
- Betty is fiercely independent and is determined to remain living in her unit for as long as practicable.
- Betty was assessed by ACAT and receives a Level 3 Home Care Package.
- Suzie and Jane are Betty’s regular Care Workers and are on standby when Betty has her showers daily and to help her in other daily house hold tasks, and take her shopping weekly as she is no longer able to drive.
- Betty’s Care Manager is in regular communication with Betty and re-assesses her care needs every three to six months to ensure her current services are meeting her assessed needs.
- If required, the Care Manager will assist Betty to be reassessed for a Level 4 Home Care Package.