If you are relatively still independent at home - especially in areas such as personal care - but need a bit more support each week with remaining independent at home, then a Level 2 Home Care Package may be applicable to you.
The regular support services a Level 2 Home Care Package covers:
- Domestic support
- Shopping and transport
- Exercise classes
- Podiatry and Physiotherapy
Case Study of a Level 2 Home Care Package Client
Alan has been diagnosed with dementia.
- Alan is physically fit and safe living independently in his home and local community.
- However, due to Alan’s short term memory loss, Alan has found himself in hospital a couple of times with food poisoning, due to eating out of date food.
- Alan is receiving a Home Care Package Level 2 from Oxley Home Care.
- Care Worker, Peter, visits Alan weekly and together they clean and tidy Alan’s fridge, dispose of food that is out of date and go shopping together to get fresh food.
- Peter also prompts Alan to perform basic household tasks including changing and washing his bed linen and clothes.
- Alan’s Care Manager is in regular communication with Alan and re-assesses his care needs regularly to ensure his current services are meeting his assessed needs.
- If required, the Care Manager will assist Alan to be reassessed for a Level 3 Home Care Package.