Support to people with low level care needs who are still independent in areas such as personal care, but need a bit more support each week to remain independent in home help or accessing the community if they can no longer drive.
Regular support services may include;
- Domestic support
- Shopping and transport
- Exercise classes
Case Study of a Level 2 Client
Alan has been diagnosed with Dementia.
- Alan is physically fit and safe living independently in his home and local community.
- However, due to Alan’s short term memory loss, Alan has found himself in hospital multiple times with food poisoning due to eating out of date food.
- Alan is receiving a Home Care Package Level 2 from Oxley Home Care.
- Care Worker visits Alan weekly and together they clean and tidy Alan’s fridge, dispose of food that is out of date and go shopping together to get fresh food.
- Peter, the Care Worker also prompts Alan to perform basic household tasks including changing and washing of bed linen and clothes.
- Alan’s Care Manager is in regular communication with Alan and re assesses his care needs regularly to ensure her current services are meeting his assessed needs.
- If required, the Care Manager will assist Alan to be reassessed for a Level 3 Home Care Package.